Fræðagarður Management 2022 - 2023
After the annual general meeting in February 2022, the following form Fræðagarður‘s management board:
Brynhildur Heiðar- og Ómarsdóttir (election period 2022-2026)
- Helga Björg Kolbeinsdóttir, vice-chairman (election period 2021-2023)
- Linda Björk Markúsardóttir, secretary (election period 2021-2023)
- Eðvald Einar Stefánsson, treasurer (election period 2021-2023)
- Sunna Björt Arnardóttir, co-director (election period 2022-2024)
- Sigrún Einarsdóttir, co-director (election period 2022-2024)
- Inga María Leifsdóttir, co-director (election period 2022 - 2024)
- Ágúst Arnar Þráinsson (election period 2022-2023)
- Haukur Logi Jóhannsson (election period 2022-2023)
Role of the Board
On the board of Fræðagarður, the law of Fræðagarður states:
- The board of Fræðagarður shall be composed of seven full members, legally elected in an electronic election held before the annual general meeting.
- The board is authorized to hold an electronic election, whether it is an election for the board or a vote on collective agreements.
- The chairman and vice-chairman are elected separately, but not in the same year. In other respects, the board divides the work. Board members shall be elected for a two-year term, while the chairman shall be elected for a four-year term. In addition, two deputies shall be elected for one year. Efforts should be made to ensure that no more than three board members leave in a given year.
- No board member shall serve on the board for more than eight years at a time. However, the chairman's previous duties in the board of Fræðagarður must be excluded.
- The board is responsible for the its operation, office membership and financial management. The board makes decisions regarding the operation of the association's office and hires employees. The board is responsible for the operation of the office.
- The board shall hold a board meeting at least monthly, except in the month of July. The chairman calls meetings with an agenda with the necessary notice and leads the meetings of the board. The minutes of the board meeting must be documented at the meeting and approved at the end of the meeting.
- The chairman or vice-chairman in the absence of the chairman shall call a board meeting if two or more board members so request.
- The board shall endeavor to communicate information about the association's projects to the members so that they can regularly monitor the progress and status of matters that concern their interests.
- The board is responsible for the association's collective bargaining agreements.